Video Playlists

Discussion in 'iPod' started by Josh396, Nov 28, 2005.

1. Josh396 macrumors 65816

Josh396

Sorry if this is a repost but I searched and didn't find anything.

I would like to be able to have playlists set up on my 5G for different seasons of certain shows. I know I could just go to the movies but then it displays everything I have. I was wondering if it is possible to be able to sort my episodes of Family Guy and Band of Brothers into a playlist so they are all in the order of which they appeared.

Also, I've downloaded videos from AOL and imported them into iTunes and I can play them perfectly fine on my iPod. I was wondering if there is a way to get them into the Music Video section. Is that only possible with music videos bought from iTunes or is there some other way?

Thanks a lot for the help.

2. freeny macrumors 68020

freeny

You can make playlists of videos just like songs. create a playlist in itunes, fill it with your videos in the order you want and presto. when playing from the ipod just navigate to the "video playlaylists". if you want to move a video to the music video section in itunes, go to the video section in your playlists, right click or control click with a mac mouse on the specific video and "get info". from there you can specify which way you want it, either "movie" or "music video".

3. Josh396 thread starter macrumors 65816

Josh396

Thank you very much. I should have been able to figure that one out by myself.:eek:

4. JonHimself macrumors 68000

JonHimself

Since iTunes is set to organize my music for me I had to find a way to have my video files equally organized. I'm not sure if this will help you with anything, but perhaps others are having problems keeping their video files organized.
    Since iTunes creates a folder for Artist at the top level, then Album folders below that I decided that the parent company of any show would be my Artist (NBC, ABC, HBO, etc or WB, Dreamworks for movies) and then the Album would be the actual show. So if I have to make back-ups of my TV shows, or move them to my external drive I can just move the Family Guy folder from the FOX folder and it will have all of my Family Guy episodes. It isn't as convenient for movies as the Album name is usually the same as the movie name.
    Then I have made a folder for all of my video playlists (there are a lot, so I didn't want to clutter the left panel with a bunch of playlists, I can just expand the folder to see them). Each episode was given a track number to correspond with the episode number and I used the Grouping tag to have 'Season 1' and so on. Then it was just a matter of creating Smart playlists to find a) The Show (Album is Family Guy) and b) Season (Grouping is Season 1) so that I have them split season by season in smart playlists... may seem a little excessive but it's work out so far to keep things organized.