Video Poem

Discussion in 'Community' started by P-Worm, Mar 5, 2004.

1. P-Worm macrumors 68020

P-Worm

I need to make a video poem for a class I'm taking at the University. I have no idea what to do. All he wants is for me to make a statement. I just don't have anything I want to voice my opinion about that I can make into a video. I was hoping that if some people put what they would do here, it my spark an idea for me that I could use.

What would you make a video poem about?

P-Worm

2. JackRipper macrumors regular

My Mac is pretty
    My Mac is quick
    I hate PCs
    They make me sick

( I tried... )

3. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

hmmmm thats an interesting assignment, well all you have to do is find something that you are interested in, music, tv, ect whatever. you could do one on apple if you really wanted. i write poetry and people get hung up on the idea that poetry is somehow "exclusive" or has to be a certain way, i would just say that poetry is anything you want it to be and for your assignment you should just find some cool way to talk about something that is an intrest to you

hope this helps

4. JackRipper macrumors regular

Take two...

I just had a thought. ( scary, I know )

Since it's a video poem what if you just show pictures or colors that "rhyme" and put some nice music in the background?

( maybe I should just stop... )

5. P-Worm thread starter macrumors 68020

P-Worm

You know what, I kind of like that idea...

Something to the effect of www.colorwhore.com

P-Worm

6. JackRipper macrumors regular

Wow, yeah, something like that. If you go with that idea let me know how well it was recieved.

7. Awimoway macrumors 65816

Can you do dirty limericks? :D

But seriously, poetry is so damn open-ended that you can probably do whatever you want. I guess I'm a little unclear on the concept though. Is it supposed to be strictly visuals and environmental sounds or are you supposed to read/voice over an actual poem and accompany it with video? And if the latter, do you have to write your own poem or can you use someone else's? If the latter, I recommend Billy Collins. He's a very good contemporary poet.

8. P-Worm thread starter macrumors 68020

P-Worm

That's the thing, I'm not sure. He said we didn't have to do a poem and if we did, it didn't have to be ours.

Basically, he just wants me to express myself.

I'm starting to think that something about color would be cool. (Thanks JackRipper!). Since I'm fluent in FCP, I'm going to mess with color correction and show what a difference there is in feeling between color and B&W. When I finish it, I'll put it up for you guys to see.

P-Worm

9. JackRipper macrumors regular

Excellent! Can't wait to see it.