video projector as second display??!!

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by furrina, May 24, 2004.

1. furrina macrumors regular

Mar 31, 2004
    In tha 212
    Just after I dropped a bundle on a 20" cinema display to go with my 15" PB 1.5,
    my film editor friend evilly suggested that for the same $1200 I could get a video projector and use the nearest white wall as a monster second display (in addition to all the other cool things you could do with it: Watch TV, DVDs, etc.) . I do some video editing and it would be great to screen footage on a huge wall in one of my rooms that has no windows. I have another friend who does this, sits in bed with his laptop and wireless mouse/kbd, using his bedroom wall as his display.

Anyone else doing this or think it's worth it?
  2. vollspacken macrumors 65816

Oct 17, 2002
    Boogie-Down Berlintown
    hmm, interesting idea, I have never thought about that... :confused:

but I guess you are better off with having invested your hard earned money in that excellent 20" TFT (for editing video footage and photoshop files that is... :))

3. idkew macrumors 68020

Sep 26, 2001
    where the concrete to dirt ratio is better
    i have one, and while it is GREAT for games and DVDs, it is a bit lacking when it comes to using it as a normal monitor. but- mine only is a svga (800x600) projector, so that might be the reason.

if you really want to do this, you need to get a very high res projector, and that will prolly cost you more than $1,200.

plus- color will always be wrong on this display.