video projector as second display??!!

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by furrina, May 24, 2004.

1. furrina macrumors regular

Just after I dropped a bundle on a 20" cinema display to go with my 15" PB 1.5,
    my film editor friend evilly suggested that for the same $1200 I could get a video projector and use the nearest white wall as a monster second display (in addition to all the other cool things you could do with it: Watch TV, DVDs, etc.) . I do some video editing and it would be great to screen footage on a huge wall in one of my rooms that has no windows. I have another friend who does this, sits in bed with his laptop and wireless mouse/kbd, using his bedroom wall as his display.

Anyone else doing this or think it's worth it?

2. vollspacken macrumors 65816

vollspacken

hmm, interesting idea, I have never thought about that... :confused:

but I guess you are better off with having invested your hard earned money in that excellent 20" TFT (for editing video footage and photoshop files that is... :))

vSpacken

3. idkew macrumors 68020

idkew

where the concrete to dirt ratio is better
    i have one, and while it is GREAT for games and DVDs, it is a bit lacking when it comes to using it as a normal monitor. but- mine only is a svga (800x600) projector, so that might be the reason.

if you really want to do this, you need to get a very high res projector, and that will prolly cost you more than $1,200.

plus- color will always be wrong on this display.