Video recording (Leopard)

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by MacBoobsPro, Apr 25, 2006.

1. MacBoobsPro macrumors 603

MacBoobsPro

Sorry Ive forgotten what its called VR something something. :confused: Anyhoo... I know noone can give a definite answer to this but do you think Leopard will contain a built in tivo like thingy?

I am looking at buying EyeTV to record and watch TV but if Leopard has it built in im going to be out of pocket in about 6 months time.

I suppose one way of guaranteeing it will be included is for me to go ahead and buy EyeTV. :rolleyes:

At the moment I us my Digital Video camera and hook it up to my iBook through imovie to record TV but then I have to copy it across to my G5 to edit it and its a pain in the ass.

2. gman71882 macrumors 6502

gman71882

Thats a good question.
    If you cant wait 4 months till they demo it @ WWDC in Aug then go ahead and buy the EyeTV. The actual release date wont be till around Xmas anyway.
    UNLESS THEY DO A SURPRISE RELEASE in AUG!!!!! :eek: :eek:

3. SilentPanda Moderator emeritus

SilentPanda

Leopard is probably a year+ out for release. Get the EyeTV now and enjoy it. You can always eBay it later.

4. MacBoobsPro thread starter macrumors 603

MacBoobsPro

I wouldnt touch ebay with someone elses credit card. Its full of pirates buying AND selling!

No Sir. I don't like it! :D

5. dr_lha macrumors 68000

Leopard won't have PVR software built in.

Macs will not have TV tuners built in.

The reason: Its in direct conflict with Apple's business of selling TV shows on the iTunes Music Store.

Get an EyeTV.

6. MacBoobsPro thread starter macrumors 603

MacBoobsPro

Good thinking Batman. To the Batmobile! (to buy EyeTV) :D