Video Reformating

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by pusarf, Apr 1, 2005.

1. pusarf macrumors newbie

I imported video in letterbox format from my video camera, but when the computer captured it, it changed it into normal 4:3 ratio. (so 16:9 to 4:3) and now the video is really award looking, really narrow. Is there any program that just will take the raw video data from the camera's firewire cord and record it without trying to take out the blackspace, or revert the video back to 16:9 aspect ratio? Nothing I've found has helped so far, thanks
    -Aaron

2. LethalWolfe macrumors G3

LethalWolfe

What camera did you shoot with and what software (including version #) are you using?

What probably is the case is your camera shot it 16:9 and automatically letterboxed it for viewing. But the software isn't/can't letterbox the image so it displays it squeezed (everything is tall & skinny).

Lethal

3. looklost macrumors regular

Take a look at Cleaner. Not in front of my video work computer so I'm not 100% sure it will help but Cleaner will let you do almost anything to a file.

4. LethalWolfe macrumors G3

LethalWolfe

Cleaner is probably a bit over kill (both in terms of cost and complexity).

iMove HD can handle 16:9 natively, and so can FCE. Both are significantly cheaper than Cleaner.

Lethal