Video shows Bush Katrina warning

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by leekohler, Mar 1, 2006.

1. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Well, well, well...he knew after all.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/4765058.stm

Video has been obtained by a US news agency showing President George W Bush being briefed by officials on the eve of the Hurricane Katrina disaster.
    The confidential video obtained by the Associated Press shows very strong warnings being given to Mr Bush about the potential strength of the storm.

It appears to contradict subsequent suggestions by the Bush administration that the threat had been unclear.

2. Sedulous macrumors 68000

Sedulous

What happened, some kind of hurricane? I don't remember any hurricanes. This must be another one of those liberal media concocted fantasies.

3. leekohler thread starter macrumors G5

leekohler

Or "I'm on vacation! I don't have time for this silliness!"

4. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

Hm, just like before 9/11. This is the guy we elected to protect us!?! I wonder where the tape came from? Guess this is what happens when you piss off the agencies designed to protect stuff like this from coming out. This is going to just be fuel for the fire against the incompetence of this administration.

And I guess Brownie really was a patsy. Apparently he knew there would be trouble. Not sure if this absolves him or makes him seem worse, but I'll bet we hear more bad stuff against the administration from him now that we know the story and they pretty much left him out to dry.

5. Sayhey macrumors 68000

Sayhey

I'm waiting to hear how Brown is an angry former office holder who is probably gay, so let's not listen to any evidence that the blame might go any higher. If that doesn't sell then Chertoff is the next to walk the plank.

6. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

oh, he's writing a book?

7. Sayhey macrumors 68000

Sayhey

Must be and therefore anything he says that blames Bush is only to stimulate sales. And don't look at the man behind the curtain.

8. toontra macrumors 6502

In ordinary circumstances this would be very bad news for the incumbent president. However, Bush has succeeded in lowering the bar to such an extent that this will probably go barely unnoticed.

After you have lied to start an illegal war costing trillions, everything else is small change.

9. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

But by all means believe Louis Freeh when HE becomes disgruntled and writes a book! ;)

10. _bnkr612 macrumors 6502a

_bnkr612

It's convenient how Bush leaves the country when this story makes headlines. Someone knew about this and told him to go away until it dies down.

He, and his administration make me sick.

PS, Has it made front page headlines on any newspapers by anyone? Just curious where they placed it.

11. pdham macrumors member

Even for lack of being warned, how can he claim that the threat was unclear. All I did was watch the nightly news and puruse a few online news sources and I was able to fully grasp the threat. What a knob.

PH

12. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

Ah, but you're not the President. He has more important things to do than care about poor people. And do you really think he would look to the liberalmedia to tell him what's going on in the world? That's what lackeys are for, so he doesn't have to read stuff. Then his advisers can tell him what to do so he doesn't have to think.

Seriously though, for awhile I could understand why some people actually might like Bush (a long time ago). But these types of thing keeps happening and you can clearly see how incompetent and oblivious Bush really is. If people paid as much attention to this as they did the Cheney shooting, it might actually do some good.