Video Tagging Problem

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by skibob1027, Jul 24, 2006.

1. skibob1027 macrumors member

I am using Parsley is Atomically Delicious to tag my TV show series' as I rip them using Handbrake - however, after they are processed (which takes a looong time on my Intel iMac), they aren't showing up as TV Shows in my iTunes library, but rather as regular movies.

Here are the settings I am using in Handbrake:
    File format: MP4 file
    Codecs: MPEG-4 Video / AAC Audio
    Framerate (fps): Same as source
    Encoder: XviD
    Average bitrate (kbps): 768
    2-pass encoding
    Sample rate (Hz): 44100
    Bitrate (kbps): 128

Here are the setting I am using in PIAD:
    Video Type: TV Show
    Batch: Checked (when applicable)
    Replace: Checked

The thing of it is, though, that pre-existing files which I downloaded via torrent (don't worry, I already owned the DVDs, just didn't know how to rip them in), transfer just fine. The only real difference between the files is that the downloaded videos are at a smaller resolution then those that I am ripping. Could this possibly be the problem? Has anyone else had problems similar to this?

2. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

Grab a program called "Lostify" - I find it easier to use than PiAD. Make sure you fill in as much info as possible.

It will create duplicates of your files, drag the ones marked "-tagged" into your iTunes library and it should work just fine.

3. skibob1027 thread starter macrumors member

Thank you, Chundles! Lostify is working much better (read: it's working). I do like the batch editing option in PiAD better - however, if it isn't tagging the videos properly, I guess it makes no difference!