Video TS burn via Toast 7

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Flyinace2000, Feb 17, 2006.

1. Flyinace2000 macrumors 6502a

Flyinace2000

I ripped my copy of the interpretter using mac the ripper. So i have a video_ts folder. I also have a DL burner. When i go to burn the video TS folder with toast 7 it tells me that it needs to use compression to fit on the disc. If i have a DL drive why is it asking me to compress?

Any ideas?

2. ElectricSheep macrumors 6502

ElectricSheep

I don't use Toast all that much. I've found that Dragon Burn 4 suits my needs when I need to burn out a Video_TS folder to a dual layer disc.

(Before you all start crying 'pirate', I'm in the process of converting 20 year old Super 120 VHS tapes to DVD/DLs, which then need to be batch burned. I find using iDVD to master once and then DragonBurn to produce further copies is a pretty good solution)

3. Flyinace2000 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Flyinace2000

figured it out, i just uncheck the box for "Fit-to-DVD compression"

4. cgratti macrumors 6502a

cgratti

My workflow to back up my movies.

1. Mac the Ripper (To rip the DVD)
    2. DVD2oneX (to compress the video to fit on a 4.5GB DVD)
    3. Create a BURN FOLDER and burn the video_ts & audio_ts.
    4. Enjoy!

5. wwooden macrumors 68000

wwooden

Same exact thing I do, works every time.

6. MrSmith macrumors 68040

MrSmith

With Toast I always burn a disk image first to make sure it's OK. Then I just use disk utility to burn the disk image to DVD. When you burn a disk image Toast asks you whether you want to burn single- or dual-layer.

Toast has myriad uses over the freebies. For example it can convert your DVDs to DV for iMovie.