Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Taeser

macrumors newbie
Sep 14, 2007
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

This mirroring is a sweet feature. I hope it works flawlessly.

MacAddict2000

macrumors member
Jun 5, 2005
I'm digging everything except the fat tabs in Safari.
I hate it on the iPad and I definitely hate it here.

tambourine-man

macrumors newbie
Feb 16, 2012
I cannot wait for mountain lion. this summer is shaping up to be a good one with this, possible iPhone 5 and possible iOS 6 right?

LFMNX

macrumors regular
Feb 14, 2011
Was the TV an Apple device or just an Apple sticker logo and ATV2 plugged in ?

YeahBuddy

macrumors regular
Aug 31, 2011
Boston, MA
I'm definitely gonna buy a Macbook Air this summer so that I can use this AirPlay feature. That along with being able to use AirDrop with my iMac is gonna present a lot of great oppurtunities.

Last edited:

BlueParadox

macrumors 6502
Sep 3, 2010
Melbourne, Australia
One of the main reasons I bought the Apple TV 2: AIRPLAY

To soon be able to stream/AirPlay one's computer desktop to one's TV is going to be a sweet interaction indeed! This will get around some of the video incompatibilities encountered with the iDevices, such as the iPad.

(My wife likes to watch missed TV show posted on a TV's website, but some networks still post video in the 'archaic' Flash format!).

And no need to convert non-iTunes compatible video formats such as DivX and MKV into the AppleTV readable version - simply mirror directly from the computer.

Great stuff.

Very happy!! ;)

Last edited:

Lara F

macrumors 6502a
May 5, 2005
Montreal, Quebec
Looked good, but I'd have to make sure there's no quality degradation before replacing my Mac Mini with an ATV (and putting the profit towards the next iPhone). Fingers crossed! :D

strabes

macrumors regular
May 12, 2010
Desktop Airplay mirroring = hulu (and avi, mkv, etc) on apple TV without having to jailbreak and install XBMC and the hulu add-on!

harley3k

macrumors 6502
Feb 6, 2008
Was the TV an Apple device or just an Apple sticker logo and ATV2 plugged in ?

I was wondering the same thing. It looks like an iMac. Their displays don't have that big of a base with an apple logo. I didn't think these things had hdmi inputs for an appletv to connect to.

He's probably running software to make the mac appear as an appletv on the network.

wikus

macrumors 68000
Jun 1, 2011
Planet earth.
I hope theres an option to turn off versions and more importantly:

an option to ungroup application windows in mission control while showing all other application windows. bring back expose.

kigrsmchugh

macrumors newbie
Feb 16, 2012
Hey

First time posting on these forums after months of reading. Airplay Question: with the update should we be able to mirror the video of Hbogo/ESPn3 from my mac to my apple tv? right now you can only get the audio through mirroring from those sites from an iPhone/ipad.

thanks

evansls

macrumors regular
Jul 18, 2004
Leesburg, VA
Desktop mirroring to Apple TV 2 available today with airparrot

airparrot272571.jpg

if you're interested in the desktop mirroring to your apple tv 2, check out http://www.airparrot.com

Mountain Lion will require a second-generation Intel Core mac while AirParrot works on 10.6 and 10.7 regardless and it's available right now.

You can watch a demo/review I made about it here:
http://youtu.be/S-Tse43lLLE

*note: audio syncing coming in a future update.

- evan

Last edited:

Macs In LA

macrumors newbie
Sep 22, 2008
Address Book & iCal

Please make Address Book look and function better in Mountain Lion. The Lion versions suck bad. Flipping pages for Groups is horrible, and the Disney Wild West aesthetic to iCal is the most un-Apple Apple design ever. Perhaps at least give us a few skins to pick from... but I'll setting for better function and layout of Address Book. Please.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.