Video wireless widescreen ipod coming soon?

Discussion in 'iPod' started by macenforcer, Oct 10, 2006.

1. pdpfilms macrumors 68020

pdpfilms

2. milo macrumors 604

This rumor has been floating around for a year.

I'd be shocked if it happens before the end of the year. If it did, it would probably be as late as possible in the holiday season, which would be right before christmas.

Don't count on it. At least not "soon".

3. thejadedmonkey macrumors 604

thejadedmonkey

but engadget doesn't usually publish unless they're fairley sure of themselves...

4. iJaz macrumors 6502a

iJaz

hehe, i wonder how many times i have read this! :)
    i guess it will eventually appear, but how soon is soon?

5. Jay42 macrumors 65816

Jay42

I know a lot of you are doubtful of this rumor, and frankly, for good reason. It's kind of exciting to me though. If anyone has heard too many wide/touchscreen ipod rumors, it's the people at Engadget. And if they're getting excited, then maybe there is something to this. Am I being gullible here?

However, they need to announce this soon (before november) to make the holiday shopping season. That seems unlikely to me, but they did it last year with the 5g release (when was that?)

6. joshwest macrumors 65816

joshwest

Pickup a 5.5 iPod or wait...

Hey guys about to take the plunge on a 80 giger, but should i wait for the other NEW iPod everyone's speculating. I do have a 4 gig nano 1 gen that i could use to tide me over till the new one comes out.. hmm help me decide.. :)

7. Vidd macrumors 6502a

Vidd

Get it now.
    Look at the range of accessories that are already compatible and the huge range of video content ready at the 5.5G's resolution.