Vienna + Transmission?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by storage, Jan 14, 2007.

1. storage macrumors 6502

Jun 4, 2005
    I've been trying to figure out for a few days now how to make Vienna (or any other RSS reader, except NewsFire) automatically download torrents and then open them up in Transmission.

Could anyone help me with this? Or provide me with a link to a tutorial or something? :)

Thanks in advance!
  2. storage thread starter macrumors 6502

Jun 4, 2005
    Nobody? :(

The closest thing I've achieved is manually downloading the torrents to a folder, and then Transmission opens them up. It's the automatic downloading of torrents from RSS feeds that I need help with. Somebody must be doing something like this! :)

Thanks again!
  3. xUKHCx Administrator emeritus

Jan 15, 2006
    The Kop
    What page are you getting the RSS feed for the torrents from.
  4. storage thread starter macrumors 6502

Jun 4, 2005
    My friend has an RSS feed with torrents for his vacation movies.

5. Compile 'em all macrumors 601

Compile 'em all

Apr 6, 2005
    Here and here. Both are for windows but they explain how RSS works with torrents. Google on...
  6. storage thread starter macrumors 6502

Jun 4, 2005
    Thanks, but that's not really the problem. I understand how it all works, I'm just having a hard time setting up Vienna to automatically download torrents.

I've been searching but haven't found anything.
  7. thestaton macrumors 6502

Jan 19, 2006
    Give Azureus a try. Under the plug-ins it has the ability to add RSS support and from what I understand its pretty easy to get going.

With that said I tried out the new version this morning which is and I hated it. It was buggy and sluggish on my MBP 2.16 with 2 gigs of ram.

I immediately went back to and I'm back to living the good life with safe peer.

best of luck :)