Vietnam coincidence

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Gee, Dec 2, 2005.

1. Gee macrumors 65816

Feb 27, 2004
    London, UK
    So I'm sitting on my balcony here in Mui Ne, Vietnam, on holiday, miles from anywhere; just a big strip of beach with a few places to stay here and there.

Anyways, so the hotel/bungalow place I'm staying in happens to have wifi, and I'm typing this on my 12" powerbook. And what do you think the guy along the balcony is also doing? Tapping away on a 12" powerbook. 3.5% Apple market share...
  2. Lord Blackadder macrumors G5

Lord Blackadder

May 7, 2004
    Sod off
    Don't forget to say hi to Gary Glitter while you're there...:rolleyes:

I see Macs in some very unlikely places, though not quite as exotic as 'Nam.
  3. Les Kern macrumors 68040

Les Kern

Apr 26, 2002
    I believe they hit the 5% mark, but that, remember, is units sold, NOT installed user base. In the US the UB is suspected on being as high as 20%... I've seen loads of numbers, all different. EVERYWHERE I go I see powerbooks and iBooks, and of course iPods. But most of all I LOVE the look on guys face sitting next to me on the plane when I pull out my PB while he is typing away on a dim-screened Dell pile of crap.
  4. TEG macrumors 604

Jan 21, 2002
    Langley, Washington
    Part of the problem of using market share to suggest how successful a company is, is that with Apple, people keep and continue to use their systems longer than that of Windows PCs. I have a 4 year TiBook, and may replace it next year, but I love it, and aside from the video card, it still does more/easier than most Windows PCs.