Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

klooney

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 11, 2008
I'm trying to view all the files .dmg but all I get when I open it is the application install button. How can I view all the files that are associated with .dmg

Thanks

Duff-Man

Contributor
Dec 26, 2002
Albuquerque, NM
Duff-Man says...if I understand your question right, you're wanting to see exactly what is inside a specific installer package? In many cases you can right-click (or control-click if you've a one button mouse) and select "show package contents" from the contextual menu. There's also a great little utility called Pacifist that lets you examine package contents and extract things from them....oh yeah!

klooney

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 11, 2008
so what if I created a sparse image copy of the package and wanted to delete files within the package, do I use pacifist? Let me know if you need me to clarify.

BTW: Using 10.5.6

Duff-Man

Contributor
Dec 26, 2002
Albuquerque, NM
Duff-Man says....perhaps you ought to explain just what you are wanting to do and why. There could be a number of issues with toying around with installer packages - the authors of those packages may take issue with it, removing files from the packages may break the install scripts - to name a couple...oh yeah!

NoWaythisworks

macrumors newbie
Sep 18, 2011
How to view .dmg files on a pc

I have downloaded MacDrive 9 and winimage with no success in being able to view the videos. I can hear the video via Quicktime but have no visual. Got an error msg that I needed more codec components in Quicktime and downloaded Divd and Xvid, but still no success. Anyone can help, please? Thanks

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.