Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mr_Brightside_@

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Sep 23, 2005
Toronto
hi everyone, my PowerShot SD400's viewfinder got scratched a bit, and, as I sometimes use it to take pictures, this is more than a little annoying. After taking off the front cover of the camera (good idea/bad idea...) i saw that the only part that is scratched is this small little round piece that protects the viewfinder, and it is easy enough to take out, as it is only held on by two little clips. After experimenting with other bits of plastic, i found that they were alright, but not very clear (when looking through the viewfinder- the scracthed bit is rounded, the replacement was flat), so i emailed canon in hopes of them sending this 5cent piece, as the camera is still under warranty as well. well apparently a 5cent piece of plastic is not covered under the warranty of a 400 dollar camera, as it was caused due to wear and tear. that being said, does anyone have any ideas as to how to get ahold of this tiny piece? should i call them? look somewhere online? any help would be much appreciated; i love this camera and it would suck to have to wait til my next one to properly use the viewfinder. thankx!

Mr_Brightside_@

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Sep 23, 2005
Toronto
ok, thankx, i will. they emailed me back saying no but maybe if i'm a bit more specific on the phone... we'll see ;)

Well, I bet that you look good on the dancefloor

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.