viewing flash

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by t1rider321, Apr 20, 2006.

1. t1rider321 macrumors regular

i just got my intel iMac and flash seems to be a problem, also you tube, i installed the universal binary it told me too but its still not working any ideas?

2. timmac macrumors member

I have the same problem. Hopefully someone here will know what to do.

3. SisterRay macrumors regular

I also have the problem, no flash sites can be viewed from my new MacBook. I have used safari and firefox, both result in a quicktime icon with a question mark.

I have downloaded and installed the flash player 8.0 but with no luck, please help

I have tried to run both safari and firefox in rosetta mode, but it still does not work.

Please help

4. macma macrumors newbie

quicktime question mark

After upgrading to Quicktime 7.1 I started getting the Quicktime question mark in Firefox, my preferred browser. I finally was able to fix it by going to Firefox help>support>knowledge base> search on Quicktime question mark, you will find solutions there. I found instructions there to remove a file from my Firefox profile folder called pluginreg.dat and finally it works.

5. panoz7 macrumors 6502a

panoz7

6. Artful Dodger macrumors 68020

Artful Dodger

For those new to the Intel Macs

Hi, this was given to me when I bought my 20" Intel iMac after having a G5 iMac and it works so enjoy :)

It's pretty simple - all you really need to do is download http://formymac.com/MR/plugins.zip, unzip it (it'll unzip to a folder named "Internet Plug-Ins", so don't unzip it in your Library folder, else it'll replace your "Internet Plug-Ins" folder), and copy the "Flash Player.plugin" file from that unzipped folder into your "Macintosh HD/Library/Internet Plug-Ins" folder.

You might or might not want to save the new Flash plugin you'll be replacing, but I doubt it.
    Also install this after you have installed Flash (8 or Studio 8) as I bought Studio 8 and had to go through the above twice, so just save some time and just do it once ;)