Viewing photos in Front Row

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Irish Paul, Aug 3, 2006.

1. Irish Paul macrumors newbie

Sorry if this is a stupid one - but im just getting to grips with my new mac & never used one before...but where do i need to store photos so i can view them in front row?? I have tried putting them in my user's Photos folder, the shared folder etc, but i keep getting the message 'No shared photos are available on your local network at this time'

Any ideas?

2. kretzy macrumors 604

kretzy

You have to import you photos into iPhoto. You'll be able to access them in Front Row then. :)

3. superted666 Guest

superted666

similar subject, how do you stop the ken burns effect in front row?

4. Grasbak macrumors 6502

front row takes the slideshow settings from iPhoto. Even albums have slideshow settings rather than slideshows you have set up yourself (if you see what i mean :eek: )

by default it has ken burns on along with those (IMO) annoying tunes....

5. Irish Paul thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks! Knew it'd be something simple! Yeah, that ken burns effect looks good, but i can see times where it could get a bit irritating...I tried switching it off in the settings of iPhoto, but it still applies the effect in front row. Is there ANY way of switching this off?

6. Grasbak macrumors 6502

i think you have to do it for EVERY album - (doing this from memory cos am at work) - right click on album then you can change the settings.

as I remember changing the "defaults" doesnt seem to work

someone else will probably know a simple way to set the defaults :rolleyes: i would be happy to know!

7. gauchogolfer macrumors 603

gauchogolfer

I don't think there is a way in the preferences choices to make Ken Burns effect off by default. Each slideshow that I have, the box is checked automatically. Maybe by delving into a .plist file or something, but I don't know of an easy way.