Viewsonic Displays - Your Experiences

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by simontarr, Nov 3, 2006.

1. simontarr macrumors 6502

simontarr

I'm looking around for a second display at the moment, and came across a few Viewsonic ones (with this one catching my eye the most: VG2230)

At around £300 for another 1,764,000 pixels, it seems like a pretty good deal! It will also make my iMac look even better if I were to plonk it next to it :D

I was just wondering who else has used any Viewsonic displays and wouldn't mind sharing their experiences. I'll end up buying a monitor over the net, so won't have any way of trying it out before it comes, so your feedback would be great.

I wish I could afford a 23" ACD, but my budget just doesn't stretch that far.

Thanks guys.

2. Ladybug macrumors 65816

Ladybug

I've had nothing but positive experiences with Viewsonic. I own 2 with the oldest thats about 4 yrs old now. Both work well, never had any problems with either of them.

3. usasalazar macrumors regular

usasalazar

For what it's worth -- I think viewsonics are great!

The fact that you are getting an intergrated amp and speakers is a great bonus when it comes to cutting clutter on your desktop.:D

4. simontarr thread starter macrumors 6502

simontarr

Thanks for the responses. It's always good to hear about the positive experiences.

For all other Viewsonic users out there (there must be more) please let me know of your experiences (especially concerning the display model I listed in the first post.

Thanks again

5. thebeephaha macrumors 6502

thebeephaha

The only Viewsonic I've ever owned is a huge CRT, the P810 21" Professional Series for graphic design. It was amazing, but their LCDs are even better. I do miss the 2048x1536 res tho.. :rolleyes:

6. wmmk macrumors 68020

wmmk

my 17" Viewsonic LCD has been very good, but not great. beware, builot in speakers do NOT sound good. they simply don't provide enough stereo seperation for me. i know that that's not a big issue for some people, but I'm a moderate audiophile, so.....

7. Jiddick ExRex macrumors 65816

Jiddick ExRex

You don't have to be an audiophile to stay away from built-in speakers. They are always horrible, I don't know why some people praise it so much.

Anyways, I wouldn't buy anything from Viewsonic until they have something 1900x1200 res with at least 23". But seeing as they mostly make displays for gaming, that sure is not happening.