Viewsonic VA902B

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by allenmertes, Mar 12, 2006.

1. allenmertes macrumors member

I recently bought a PowerMac G4 and was hoping to get an LCD monitor. I can get this model for $160 after several mail-in-rebates. I was wondering if anyone has used this monitor or seen it, and what they think.

Also, I don't know a lot about display specs, so...in general- could someone tell me if I'm getting my money's worth? Thanks for the info!

Specs:

19" LCD monitor
    Native Resolution of 1280x1024
    8ms response time
    550:1 contrast ratio
    270cd/m2 brightness
    VGA input.

2. geekboy2000 macrumors newbie

As a relative Mac newbie (mini owner for going on 3 months), I'm not sure of the PowerMac G4's video capabilities, but:

I use 1280 X 1024 on my 17" displays, but would have to have greater/higher resolution on a 19". If the PowerMac G4 is capable of higher resolution, I'd want a display that could take advantage of it. Likewise with DVI output. If your PowerMac has DVI output, I'd go for a display that supports it. In general though, I like Viewsonics, and have a 17" on my Windows box. Perhaps a step up above that model would be worth considering. Samsung makes some nice displays too that aren't too hard on the wallet.

Mark

3. Dopeyman macrumors 6502a

My 2 cents........

Before I got my Intel, I was using a Viewsonic VX924 on my Powermac G4 (Sawtooth / FOR SALE :D )..... The display is/was amazing.... I love it...

4. alexstein macrumors 6502a

alexstein

Viewsonic makes some nice LCD monitors. I have been using one at work for several years now.(can't remember the model). I really like it.

The price seems to be reasonable the only downside is that this particular monitor only has VGA input.