viewsonic VX2025wm vs. Dell 2007fpw

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by pablodo, Aug 2, 2006.

1. pablodo macrumors newbie

Jan 4, 2006
    Any thoughts on these two in comparison? I have a dell 2005fpw, and am looking for something for a second computer. I can get the dell refurbished for the same as the viewsonic new.
  2. xfiftyfour macrumors 68030

Apr 14, 2006
    Clemson, SC
    i *prefer* the dells, but we had a few viewsonics at work before we replaced them with dell widescreens and they weren't bad at all.
  3. Makosuke macrumors 603

Aug 15, 2001
    The Cool Part of CA, USA
    I haven't used that particular ViewSonic monitor, but every other one I've used--from budget panels up to the very high end--has been a very good screen, and I see no reason to think the VX2025wm would be any different. If the ViewSonic is new at the same price as a Dell refurb, by all means go ViewSonic. I'd be really surprised if they did you wrong.
  4. Temujin macrumors 6502a

Oct 1, 2005
    ViewSonic all the way. Any day I would chose the ViewSonic over the Dell competitor.
    I own a ViewSonic VP201b and I love it. Done so for the last 3 years or so.

5. 9Charms macrumors regular

May 19, 2006
    Vancouver, BC
    I own the Viewsonic and first impression is great. Second impression isn't. Play a DVD or a "dark" game and you will definately notice lightness in all 4 corners. It looks like 4 spotlights shining down from the corners. I don't know about the dell. Incendently I also own a Viewsonic VP171s (17" LCD) and it doesn't have the spotlight effect.