viewsonic VX2025wm vs. Dell 2007fpw

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by pablodo, Aug 2, 2006.

1. pablodo macrumors newbie

Any thoughts on these two in comparison? I have a dell 2005fpw, and am looking for something for a second computer. I can get the dell refurbished for the same as the viewsonic new.

2. xfiftyfour macrumors 68030

xfiftyfour

i *prefer* the dells, but we had a few viewsonics at work before we replaced them with dell widescreens and they weren't bad at all.

3. Makosuke macrumors 603

I haven't used that particular ViewSonic monitor, but every other one I've used--from budget panels up to the very high end--has been a very good screen, and I see no reason to think the VX2025wm would be any different. If the ViewSonic is new at the same price as a Dell refurb, by all means go ViewSonic. I'd be really surprised if they did you wrong.

4. Temujin macrumors 6502a

Temujin

ViewSonic all the way. Any day I would chose the ViewSonic over the Dell competitor.
    I own a ViewSonic VP201b and I love it. Done so for the last 3 years or so.

ViewSonic!!!

5. 9Charms macrumors regular

9Charms

I own the Viewsonic and first impression is great. Second impression isn't. Play a DVD or a "dark" game and you will definately notice lightness in all 4 corners. It looks like 4 spotlights shining down from the corners. I don't know about the dell. Incendently I also own a Viewsonic VP171s (17" LCD) and it doesn't have the spotlight effect.