Viiv Tech-Intel

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by capone2, Aug 25, 2005.

1. capone2 macrumors regular

Mar 29, 2005
    Do I hear iHome in this or what ?

A new kind of personal computer (PC) will premiere in homes early next year when Intel Corporation introduces Intel Viiv technology designed to enrich consumers' enjoyment of digital entertainment.
    Intel Viiv technology is our first platform designed from the ground up for the digital home, where consumers are passionate about the idea of accessing their content anytime, anywhere in their home on a number of devices," said Don MacDonald, vice president and general manager, Intel Digital Home Group. "Following the success of Intel Centrino mobile technology, we are applying a similar branding strategy to our new digital home platform composed of Intel's latest PC technologies. Intel Viiv technology marks the intersection point where innovation, a multitude of digital devices, first-class entertainment and state of the art technology converge to put consumers in more control of experiencing digital entertainment on their own terms."

In another TV-like function, consumers will be able to quickly turn their PCs on and off (after initial boot-up) with the touch of a button through a new platform feature called Intel Quick Resume Technology. Each Intel Viiv technology-based PC will also ship with 5.1 surround sound (with optional support for up to 7.1 surround sound) for home theater-quality sound.

++work it Intel++++ we are scared of you!!
  2. strider42 macrumors 65816

Feb 1, 2002
    #2 had a couple of short writeups about this branding. Its important to keep in midn this is basically a branding thing, like centrino. Probably not a whole lot that's actually new there, just a way to let consumers know "this has everything you need already built in". One of the system requirements is Windows media center, so as of right now, this is not a brand you'll see on an apple computer. that could change of course, but somehow, I'm not sure apple will want to put that branding on there, much like they probably won't put centrino or intel inside stickers on their machines.

If intel makes integrated chipsets they can then sell to apple, that's great, but right now, that's not what this is.

I've been wanting apple to do something like this for a long time though. When I can integrate my computer, stereo and TV, I'll be very happy.