Vintage t-shirt

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by jer446, Oct 6, 2005.

1. jer446 macrumors 6502a

Im designing t-shirts for my class counsil to help raise money.. I want shirts that people will actually buy, so i thought i should get ringer shirts with a vintage look. Im the class of 08' Can anyone help me on creating this vintage look?? My school colors are red and blue. How can i do this in photoshop? If anyone wants to design something or show their ideas that would be great. I just need it to say Manalapan High School Class of 08'. What color ringers do you think would look good??

2. devilot Moderator emeritus

devilot

I'm not too sure where you're located... but if you're in the States-- I really like this brand for t's because they're all made in the US, allow for screen/printing, have neat styles, and are really comfortable. American Apparel

3. aesth3tic macrumors member

and don't forget sweatshop free!!

4. jer446 thread starter macrumors 6502a

no im not looking for the place to get it done, thats not a problem, my uncle has a company to do it.. but im looking to make the design.. i need to know how to do the vintage look text in photoshop

5. cr2sh macrumors 68030

cr2sh

What exactly do you have in mind for the design? We have some pretty creative follks around here who might be willing to help you out.

Tell us what you're thinking and we'll give you some ideas on how to accomplish it. (Someone might even do it for you.)

6. homerjward macrumors 68030

homerjward

i dont know if this is what you're looking for but phong.com has a tutorial for making chipped text in photoshop--pretty easy--just using quick mask mode and the crystallize filter.
    http://www.phong.com/tutorials/chip/
    oh, and go class of '08!

7. jer446 thread starter macrumors 6502a

ok well plans all got changed now.. now i am supposed to make a t shirt that i guess is supposed to be one of those humorous shirts that are kind of random, like the vote for pedro shirts.. im supposed to make one like that, that will have some sort of design for manalapan thumb wrestling team..
    im really opened for anything.. i would just like it so kids would actually wear it.. and vintage is in right now..

8. Daveway macrumors 68040

Daveway

Try experimenting with different brushes. You can use Google to find additional brushes to use if need be.

9. joepunk macrumors 68030

joepunk

Just for some ideas on what others have done and can do with certain designs check out Threadless

You can also upload your concept idea to get feedback and if enough people in the right places like it your shirt might get printed and sold on the site.

10. 20rogersc macrumors 65816

20rogersc

Try DaFont for some great fonts, if you're going to be using text.

::20ROGERSC::