Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MrMinor

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 13, 2008
I received my Vintcase yesterday. It arrived on the exact date they had promised. The case was delayed a few weeks originally because they had gotten some complaints about the leather they were using so they decided to find a new supplier. I am glad they did. The wait was worth it. The leather is top quality.

The case is exactly how I expected it to be. It is very well constructed. The cover piece that goes over the screen first isma thick stiff piece of leather that provides some protection and also enables the case to act like a stand in portrait mode. I had asked Vintcase if the leather was thick enough to act as a stand in portrait. They said they could not recommend that. I tested it out and it works just fine in portrait as well. It is not rock steady that way, but as long as no one bumps into it then it feels like it can be stable enough.

The fit is nice and tight wiout being too tight. It was easy to get the iPad in, but there is no way it will slip out by accident.

The strap that is used to wrap around the case to secure it closed it pretty long. It wraps around three times. If you are someone who needs to get into your iPad super fast then this case is not for you. I don't know many people who can't spare the extra second or two it will take though. If that happens to be you for any reason though then skip this case.

When the case is opened flat is it parallel to the desk it sits on. I was hoping it would be inclined a little to make typing a little more natural feeling. I found an easy and practical solution to this though. Intake the strap and wind it up into a ball and rest the case on that. It elevates the back just enough to make typing feel better and it also gets the strap out of the way when you don't need it.

If you are looking for a somewhat unique case then the Vintcase is a great choice. I am very happy with it so far.

As soon as Incan figure out how to post pictures on this forum from my iPad I will put them up.

jcb19

macrumors member
Mar 23, 2010
Thanks for the great review!!

Looking forward to seeing the pictures!!

Thanks again!
Juanita

MrMinor

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 13, 2008
Here are the photos.

Attachments

• photo 1.JPG
    photo 1.JPG
    108.6 KB · Views: 90
  • photo 2.JPG
    photo 2.JPG
    106.4 KB · Views: 80
  • photo 3.JPG
    photo 3.JPG
    105.1 KB · Views: 86
  • photo 4.JPG
    photo 4.JPG
    112.8 KB · Views: 82
  • photo 5.JPG
    photo 5.JPG
    102.5 KB · Views: 89
Last edited:

MrMinor

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 13, 2008
I don't have a scale to weigh it, but it is pretty light. I would guess a couple of ounces. I do not notice the weight difference between naked or in the case.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.