Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

texasbaybee

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 8, 2007
texas
was reading some of your threads in macrumors about vinyl sign cutter/plotters i have software for vinyl express 6.6v.1 and a lynx 24 cutter and this software requires a hardware key that has gotten broken and i purchased it from signwarehouse and they says i have to purchase all new software does anyone have any suggestion we dont use this sign buisness enough to justifiy 699.00 software can i purchase any sign software and it still work with my cutter/plotter please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LeviG

macrumors 65816
Nov 6, 2006
Norfolk, UK
if the hardware/software is legal contact the people who produced the software (I assume the key is for this as it usually is) and see what they can do, they may be able to supply one at a reduced cost etc.

klymr

macrumors 65816
May 16, 2007
Utah
if the hardware/software is legal contact the people who produced the software (I assume the key is for this as it usually is) and see what they can do, they may be able to supply one at a reduced cost etc.

We had an issue at work with a computer hardware key not working right. It wasn't for anything like this (it was for a program we use to laser inscribe diamonds), but they told me it would cost $99 for them to program a new key for us. Luckily it turned out the windows registry for the program had just gone corrupt. Took about 30 seconds to fix. Bad thing is it took us a week to figure out that was the problem.

I'd give them a call and see if they can help ya out.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.