Vinyl to iTunes

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by clinicus, Jul 29, 2006.

1. clinicus macrumors newbie

Does anybody have information on how to convert LPs to digital files in iTunes? What hardware and software do I need?

Thanks,

clinicus

2. Scarlet Fever macrumors 68040

Scarlet Fever

i once recorded an LP to iTunes via Garageband.

I set up a real instrunment track in Garageband, connected my amp to my computer via a male to male minijack cable going from the headphone port on the amp to the audio line in on my computer. I get Garageband recording, get the needle in the track, and leave it until its finished. I can the cut the recording to get individual songs out of it, and the quality isnt terrible.

If you can cope with the popping of the vinyl, this is great. There are programs out there which take the popping out, but i cant be stuffed.

Hope this helps!

3. OldSkoolNJ macrumors 6502

OldSkoolNJ

There is a device and software combo from ADS Tech called Instant Music. It has everything you need to convert them and even export to iTunes. Well sell them in my store (CompUSA). It can be had for about $49.99 ( http://www.compusa.com/products/pro...&Ntk=All&product_code=316188&Pn=Instant_Music ) . It works pretty damn good and I have suggested it to many Mac customers and they are all pretty happy with it.

Kevin

4. sjpetry macrumors 65816

sjpetry

Or you could use GarageBand. ;)

I've done it, it couldn't be easier. If you have any problems with it PM me.:)

5. kidtronix macrumors regular

I do it a lot, since I collect a lot of vinyl records that have not and most likely never will be put out on CD. You can use GarageBand, but then you can also use Logic. But if you want to make it really easy and to have great overview over what you are doing, I recommend downloading Sound Studio. It's a small little software that you can use for free 30 times. Works like a charm.

6. Sesshi macrumors G3

Sesshi

What kind of recordings are we talking about? And what's your current vinyl setup?