Virb.com -- I have beta invites

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Bubbasteve, Feb 20, 2007.

1. Bubbasteve macrumors 65816

Bubbasteve

Like the title says -- I have 11 beta invites...

Virb.com is yet another "myspace killer" but it actually seems like a direct threat.

It's been in beta for a while and they treated beta testers with 11 invites...if you care to try it out just PM me or respond in this thread.

Thanks! (and by no means am I promoting Virb.com...I'm just offering MR members the chance to give it a shot)

2. SilentPanda Moderator emeritus

SilentPanda

I use myspace a bit (mostly because my friends do) but I'm not sure how well a single invite to a myspace-like site is that great. If I got an invite to this new site and my friends weren't on there and couldn't be on there I doubt I'd check anything out for long. I say give the invites to your friends so you can enjoy the new place together. Otherwise you'll most likely be giving away 11 invites to people who won't be able to make any friend connections for a while. It doesn't much help their beta if that's the case.

3. Allotriophagy macrumors 6502a

Ah, good old #0281CA. No Web2.0 social networking extravaganza is complete without this colour being used.

4. Bubbasteve thread starter macrumors 65816

Bubbasteve

Yeah... I guess I didn't think this out that well -- if you're interested just PM me your email address since that's how I send the invites out.

Sorry ladies and gents

5. Bubbasteve thread starter macrumors 65816

Bubbasteve

I'm way ahead of you friend...I invited some of my friends with my initial 4 invites, but then they gave me 10 more so I have 11 now.

And if I run out of invites, one of my friends can invite the other with their invites.... so it's all good

6. psychofreak Retired

psychofreak

7. nitynate macrumors 6502a

Yeah, if anyone needs an invite, and he runs out, just ask me.

Send/post your e-mail :)

Thanks steve.

8. tobefirst macrumors 68040

tobefirst

Can one of you guys tell my why virb is better than myspace or facebook? I don't have either, and probably don't want a virb either...but i'd like to know what makes it better or worse.

9. nitynate macrumors 6502a

I have been playing around, and virb deff has potential, but it is still in beta, and isnt amazing or any better than myspace. :p

go with myspace for now.

10. Hummer macrumors 65816

Hummer

11. tobefirst macrumors 68040

tobefirst

Oh, I'm not going with any of them. :) I was just wondering what would make this better. Thanks for your reply. It is appreciated.

12. Bubbasteve thread starter macrumors 65816

Bubbasteve

As am I my friend... I'm just looking for an alternative to myspace and I think this could very well be that alternative

13. Bubbasteve thread starter macrumors 65816

Bubbasteve

Well it seems like Virb went public a few days ago -- so if any of you are interested and didn't ask for a beta test invite it's open