Virtual console dates

Discussion in 'Games' started by Dagless, Jan 11, 2007.

1. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

So when does the VC get new games? I can't seem to find a solid source for this, seeing that the majority of sites talk about the US Virtual Console. I also heard "first Monday of every month", and "every week". I'm confused!

so... when does our European VC get games? I've got 900 points left over and nothing else now is tickling my fancy :)

Did find a lovely statement on Nintendos VIP page saying Ocarina of Time and Mario Kart are coming Q1 2007.

2. Coded-Dude macrumors 6502a

Coded-Dude

I'm upset.....I jsut found out they probably won't incorporate Motion Sensing into the NES/SNES games.
    (like the pre-launch hype commercials hinted at) /off-topic

I thought the releases were weekly for US, but I am not certain about Europe.....
    *I'll be back*

3. echeck macrumors 68000

echeck

I don't know about Europe, but here in the states it's every Monday.

Is that Mario Kart 64, or SNES?

4. Dagless thread starter macrumors Core

Dagless

Whoa... Did they say they'd incorporate motion sensing? the only quote I could find was the updated Gamecube games using Wii controls. That they'd sell Cube games for Wii for cheap in the future.

OH you said commercials. If you mean the one of the girl pointing the Wii controller upwards and it played the Mario jump noise; that's Warioware.

5. e²Studios macrumors 68020

e²Studios

To get a good head start look at what is coming go here http://www.esrb.org/ratings/search.jsp serach for "Wii" as the platform and leave the rest blank.

Since all games sold in the US have to be rated by the ESRB the games will appear here first. So far there has been no regional release differences with the VC games, and i doubt there will be any.

There are new VC games every Monday

Ed

6. Chone macrumors 65816

Chone

I didn't even thought those were real games, but rather situations created to show the potential of the Wii.

Mario Kart 64 should be a hit, it would be very nice if Nintendo spruced up these Virtual Console games with a little extra something for example, even 1080p output with a few image enhancing filters like even the most basic emulators have would be piece of cake, maybe added online experiences with scoreboards or something like that and maybe EVEN added Wii motion sensing controls as an option (for example, Mario Kart 64 would be hella cool with the Wii motion sensing), Nintendo would really sell those virtual console games like hell, damn, it would be a huge profit for Nintendo and gamers would be happy, I would more than definitely buy a virtual console... say Ocarina of Time if it had high def options, eyecandy (AA/AF) and maybe a few more additions (some kind of online component or maybe wii controls for something), I can already do that with an emulator so I see no reason for Nintendo not be able to on the Wii with their OWN emulators.

Well, the virtual console has tons of potential, hopefully Nintendo will start enhancing future games, as it stands right now, there is nothing much to lure you tu buy games you have already played or even old games you didn't play, 600-1000 points is a lot to pay for those games.

7. Dagless thread starter macrumors Core

Dagless

I hope they at least offer the option of the original game. I dunno, I buy VC games because they are the exact same games that I played all them years ago. I know a lot of people want newer versions, XBLA is testament to that. Just hope they don't forget about us retro junkies :D

they just need to get Super Frog on the thing now :cool: I don't understand why they've got this TurboGraphx machine and can't have the Amiga. That thing was huge in Europe.

8. e²Studios macrumors 68020

e²Studios

Its all about licensing, I would bet that they were able to obtain the TG16 licenses for pretty cheap. I am not sure who own the licenses to the Amiga games, but it could be that they arent selling rights anymore, they want too much $$, or that they werent popular enough for a global distribution.

Ed

9. Sky Blue Guest

Sky Blue

Europe gets new VC games at 12am GMT every Friday...this weeks update is...

Xevious

:confused:

This was never mentioned by Nintendo. They have always stated the VC games would be exact ports with standard controls.

10. JackAxe macrumors 68000

JackAxe

Have you bought GunStar Heroes? :)

<]=)

11. Dagless thread starter macrumors Core

Dagless

Oh dear. That is dire. Just realised it's 12am Friday, I'll have a check on the Wii Shop later. But that's pathetic. Xevious was a terribly average game especially since it was up against Xenon 2 and SideWinder. edit: confirmed. Disgusting. 1 average NES game? come on Nintendo.

Gunstar Heroes or Donkey Kong Country. I've played the GBA Gunstar game and Donkey Kong Land and enjoyed both. So it's going to be a tough choice this time.

12. JackAxe macrumors 68000

JackAxe

I'm going to get GSH, mainly because it's two players.

<]=)

13. Dagless thread starter macrumors Core

Dagless

Dunno if it has been published yet but theres a list of upcoming European VC games -

I honestly think I'd buy all them too. Still lacking Sonic 2, Streets of Rage 2 and Mario Bros 3. :eek:

14. e²Studios macrumors 68020

e²Studios

how is sonic? I'm debating buying it.

Ed

15. Dagless thread starter macrumors Core

Dagless

same as the original! Only much much clearer. I've noticed dithering that I didn't see before. It's wonderful. Feels slow compared to Mario though... which is a little reversal somewhat!

16. Sky Blue Guest

Sky Blue

Can't see why anyone would buy Sonic on the VC when the Sonic Mega collection is very cheap nowadays.

17. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

Agreed. You can pick up the collection for $10 or so on ebay. I got mine for €8, and its far better than pal VC version.

At least its the full screen, full speed version NTSC users get, and represents damn site better value for money.

18. JackAxe macrumors 68000

JackAxe

SS should be priced less. The only thing I can see going for it, is convinience, since it will be a channel on the Wii, and one can use the Classic Controller with it. ~i~ :)

Speaking of the Classic Controller, anyone know where to get the strap for i? I'm assuming that's what the two slots with a release button are for on the back.

<]=)

19. Dagless thread starter macrumors Core

Dagless

I reckon that was once going to be used to connect Wii remotes for menu use but perhaps upgraded the FW to support the left analogue stick? It really doesn't make sense why they didn't bundle a connector for the Wii remote. Maybe something for the future so you get gyro controls with the CC?

Oh yea the convenience thing is huge. I wasn't going to bother buying any VC games, after a short play on Zelda I popped into the shop to play around with the system some more and ended up buying points and games :D

20. JackAxe macrumors 68000

JackAxe

I noticed it could be a latch setup, so a gyro thing could be latched on its back. It just seems odd that they're there in the first place. :)

I'm pacing myself on points. I'm going to buy 1000 more, but only when I get a break from my current projects. :) But I check it every day for something new. :D

<]=)

21. Sky Blue Guest

Sky Blue

new stuff is only out once a week.

22. aidanpendragon macrumors 6502a

Still curious to see how they'll implement Duck Hunt/Hogan's Alley/Wild Gunman/other light gun games, which are widely assumed to be in the impending release lineup.

23. Sky Blue Guest

Sky Blue

[​IMG]

24. aidanpendragon macrumors 6502a

Like I said...if you say (and you're right, Nintendo has said) these games are "exact ports with standard controls," how do light gun games then work? The remote detects IR from the sensor bar, not screen-flash from the TV itself like a light gun would. A gun-shell to put on the remote is not by itself enough to make this work. I'm sure/hopeful they will get light gun games out (Battle Claaaassssh!), but not sure how it will run. On-screen cursor?

25. Dagless thread starter macrumors Core

Dagless

So Super Probotector came out for the Virtual Console. Definite buy here :)

Also released Street Fighter 2. A fairly meh game to me. Street Fighter Alpha 3 GBA? Heaven.

That is all.