Virtual PC 5.0 and 10.3.3. Help, please!

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Dirty Harry, May 15, 2004.

1. Dirty Harry macrumors member

Virtual PC 5.0 worked fine in my old G4/400 system 10.2.1... but it doesn´t anymore in my new iBook G4/1.2 Ghz system 10.3.3 :confused: Sad, I was hoping to enjoy better performance, as I use it to study a demo version of NLE DPS I need for my work...
    Windows 2000 freezes everytime I try to boot.
    I've read there were updates to 5.0.4 before Microsuck bought Connectix, but they seem to have disapeared from the internet. Would 5.0.4 fix VPC5 with Panther? Were can I download it???
    I didn´t want to install Classic to save some disk space, but, would this able to use VPC 5 again? (and Is it possible to easely uninstall Classic later, whenever I have a better solution for VPC...?)
    I don´t want to upgrade to VPC 6 yet, thanks.

2. JOD8FY macrumors 6502a

JOD8FY

You could do a search on the Apple support page (apple.com/support), or you could try re-installing VPC.

Good Luck,
    JOD8FY

3. meta-ghost macrumors regular

say harry, what did you come up with. i ask because i also just installed panther and my vpc 5.0 is incredibly slow. what did you do?

4. grapes911 Moderator emeritus

grapes911

5. meta-ghost macrumors regular

ahhh! i thought i had waited long enough for all the panther "issues" to be sorted out... if i had known about this i would have waited a bit more. gonna try vpc6.1 and see if it helps.

thanks for the web site reference