Virtual PC 6.0 drive image question/help

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by lforman, Apr 19, 2004.

1. lforman macrumors newbie

I have VPC 6.0 for mac/classic with a Windows 2000 1Gig drive image.

I've only installed one program that was less than 20meg into the hard drive and saved the state of the drive image. The system says I don't have any drive space left. What happened to the 1Gig space. Windows doesn't take that much space. I should be able to install programs.

I tried to modify the settings of the drive image to allow it to expand instead of being fixed but this didn't work.

All you pro VPCers out there. Please help. I really need to install some programs into vpc to make it worth while.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Lisa

2. Nny macrumors regular

Nny

By "system" do you mean Windows? Or is the Mac OS complaining?

if it's Windows doing the complaining: Windows plus virtual memory can and will eat up 1 GB pretty quick. if it won't let you resize that disk then uninstall all components of Windows you don't need, remove the 20 mb program, and create a new disk image to be a "D:\" drive, installing all your programs on that drive... or just scrap the install of Windows all together and create a new install on a multi-GB drive image (recommend at least 5 GB for Windows + Office + a few apps).

if it's the Mac complaining: how much space do you have free? should leave about 10% - 15% free on your boot drive. if you are running OS X keep at least 2-3 GB free.