Virtual PC 7

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by alacker, Aug 18, 2005.

1. alacker macrumors newbie

Aug 18, 2005
    I have a G4 PowerMAC, 450 MHZ. I want to upgrade it to run Virtual PC 7 so I can run some Windows applications.
    I was looking at the requirements for Virtual PC 7 which requires a CPU of at least 700 MHZ, (Native). On the box its states that accelerator cards are not supported. However, I talked to a couple salesmen at an Apple store and they told me that they have a Sonnet accelerator card installed on their own MACs and are both able to run Virtual PC 7 without any problems.
    Why does Microsoft claim that Virtual PC 7 is not supported with an accelerator card if the program works with this card?
  2. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Apr 3, 2004
    Adelaide, Australia
    So they can't be held responsible if/when it doesn't work. :)
  3. macbaseball macrumors 6502a

Feb 27, 2005
    Northern California
    I have a feeling Microsoft knows that most people who upgrade, upgrade computers that are pretty old. Microsoft already has problems with Virual PC as it's slow with most apps, and if you upgrade an older Mac, there are probably other bottlenecks, that will make it even slower than usual. Microsoft doesn't want their product to suck like any other company. When someone calls in and says that their product is slow, Microsoft can just tell them that it doesn't meet specs, instead of telling them that they have some sort of bottleneck slowing it down.