Virtual PC and Internet....

Discussion in 'macOS' started by forthebrave, Jun 3, 2005.

1. forthebrave macrumors regular

I just installed VPC 7 and I can't use the internet on it. When I open up Internet Explorer I get a blank page.

2. Sedulous macrumors 68000

Sedulous

Wasn't there an issue with VPC and OS 10.4? Does VPC say something about virtual switch problems when you start it? I don't know if there is a patch for this problem yet. Perhaps someone else knows more.

3. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

Microsoft is aware of the problem. It promises a fix, but has not gotten around to it yet. However, it is a problem of virtually no consequence. If you switch to Shared Networking, VPC accesses the Internet just fine. The worse thing about the problem is the fact that you cannot rid yourself of the error message which announces it.

4. Chrispy macrumors 68020

Chrispy

I am using VPC 7.0 with Windows 2000 pro installed and using OS 10.4.1 and I have not had any problems with internet access using Internet Explorer 6.

5. forthebrave thread starter macrumors regular

can someone show me the steps on how to set up my network for VPC 7. THAANKS!!!

6. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

You are probably trying too hard. Just check "Shared Networking" in the "PC Settings" within the Virtual PC application. Your mistake is to try to set up your network within emulated Windows.

7. TDM21 macrumors 6502a

TDM21

You probably need to reinstall VPC on your computer. I had this same problem when I first got VPC 6. No matter what I could not get the VPC system to connect to the internet. I thought it was just my home network until I got to school and still could not get Windows to connect. I tried both Shared networking and Virtual Switch with no avail. Finally I reinstalled VPC and I have been able to connect ever since.

8. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

Sounds to me like a corrupt Preferences file.

9. CubaTBird macrumors 68020

i would think that virtual pc would import net' settings via os x... perhaps not... though if you dsl/cable, vpc should pick up the ip no prob..