Virtual PC and the internet

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by fjs08, Feb 3, 2005.

1. fjs08 macrumors 65816

Hi,
    Can we access the internet directly from Virtual PC?? I want to buy a baseball game sim that runs its copy protection by verification through the internet. I doubt I could do this outside of Virtual PC. I have the Windows 2000 version of VPC.
    Thanks.

Frank

2. jeremy.king macrumors 603

jeremy.king

I have done it. Make sure you configure the network connection in VPC (not windows) appropriately (shared networking, I think its called).

3. ravenvii macrumors 604

ravenvii

I used VPC 6 and went on the internet with it. I didn't remember doing any configuration, it was connected to the 'net from the get-go.

4. parrothead macrumors 6502a

parrothead

Be aware that any game that uses 3D graphic will not work on VPC. Even if it doesnt use 3D be aware that it will probably run poorly. VPC is not for gaming.

5. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

yes in all likelyhood your game will not be playable at all under VPC its hard enough as it is to just use access or anything else under VPC because it is so limited and slow

6. ravenvii macrumors 604

ravenvii

He is probably talking about Out of the Park Baseball (OOTP) or similar baseball sim, which is text-based. VPC can definitely handle this.

If I'm wrong and he actually meant a game like MLB 2005, then forget VPC, it won't be able to handle it.

7. fjs08 thread starter macrumors 65816

It's Strat-O-Matic, which is very text based with limited graphics. It's more statistically based than anything else. I play it already using VPC, but the new version instead of floppy copy protection is going to internet copy protection. I wasn't sure if I'd be able to access the web directly from VPC.

Thanks.

Frank