Virtual PC crash

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by gerror, Jan 8, 2004.

1. gerror macrumors 6502

Since I installed Panther, Virtual PC crases all the time. I downloaded the lates update 6.1 but it still crashes after 5 minutes.
    Then I installed jaguar on my external firewire drive and no difference.

Has anybody a suggestion?

2. Calliander macrumors member

Re: Virtual PC crash

Does it crash when loading Windows or at another point? What sort of error does it give you, if any?

You can do some minor plist troubleshooting. Navigate to /Users/username/Library/Preferences/Virtual PC 6.1 Preferences/. (It might be 6.0, I'm not sure. I have 6.0 so I don't know if it changes the folder name on upgrade.)

Pull the "Preferences.vpf" file out and either leave it on the desktop or put it in a safe folder where you'll remember its location. Then launch VPC.

You might need to register VPC again, but it's worth seeing if it will crash.

3. charles ababa macrumors newbie

hi

I'm having problems installing windows 95 onto virtual pc 6.1 on jaguar, led me to discover that VPC dosen't work on G5's (see microsoft website).... maybe there are similar issues with Panther... wouldn't be surprised

good luck

4. Horrortaxi macrumors 68020

Horrortaxi

It definitely works on Panther.

5. mnkeybsness macrumors 68030

mnkeybsness

Re: Virtual PC crash

HEY! What's new?

seriously, VPC always crashed ALL the time for me, no matter what mac system i was on and no matter what windows version i was running.

it always helps thought to have a whole lot of ram, a huge processor, and whatnot. what computer / specs are you trying to run this from?

6. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

Try running it from OS 9. It tends to be faster and more stable in 9 than X (on my system at least).