Virtual PC game

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Switzermac, Aug 3, 2005.

1. Switzermac macrumors regular

I have installed GTA Vice City on my mac in virtual pc but it wont launch i was wondering if you guys had any idea about what that is about thanks alot.

2. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

Could it be because there is no 3d DirectX support in Virtual PC?

Probably even says no 3d support in the VPC manuals, thus very little game support at all.

3. Switzermac thread starter macrumors regular

4. Solafaa macrumors 6502a

Solafaa

PC games dont work on VPC, i tryed 2-3 games and none worked.

5. Jedi128 macrumors 6502

Any chance they will work on intel mac's? That would be awesome. I have always dreamed of playing Star Wars: Galaxies on Virtual PC.........

6. strider42 macrumors 65816

strider42

intel mac won't make a difference. The problem isn't the chip, its the lack of direct access to the video card in VPC.

edit: I suppose its possible that they could bring out a version of VPC that will work with direct access to the video card since technically there won't be a need for emulation with intel macs. But who knows if they'll even keep developing it for the mac. If Windows will install natively on an intel mac, what use is an emulator. The only advantage would be not having to reboot, but for everything else, a native install would be better.

7. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

Vista doesn't run in the current version of VPC, so MS may release an update to make it work. However, knowing MS, it will be a minimal fix with no performance improvements.

8. kalisphoenix macrumors 65816

kalisphoenix

My understanding is that they're amping up VPC because it's being used to run XBox games on the XBox 360. Might be out-of-date info, though.

9. ITASOR macrumors 601

ITASOR

HAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!! Sorry I can't help it! GTA Vice City in VPC? VPC is so slow it takes forever to open the start menu or a program as complicated as Excel.....:(

VPC stinks.

10. TMA macrumors 6502a

TMA

I used to play the original GTA (2D) using VPC on an iMac 500Mhz G3. Was very playable under OS 9.

GTA Vice City : Will never work on VPC.