Virtual PC

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by DJ1UK, Jun 2, 2005.

1. DJ1UK Guest

Hi All,

Just wanting to know if I buy a eMac and put virtual PC on it, will it be able to run Visual and Microsoft Visio ?

2. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

Mar 25, 2002
    London, England
    It will run, but it will run like ****, just like evrything else running under VPC. You're FAR better off getting a cheap PC off eBay and then using Microsofts Remote Desktop Client for Mac to connect to it. Seriously, even a cheapo Celeron box will be much faster than VPC.
  3. 840quadra Moderator

Staff Member

Feb 1, 2005
    Twin Cities Minnesota
    or if you are like me and don't want anything M$ on your Macintosh you can install RDesktop an open source RDP client that works in X11.

I REALLY wished the people at VMWare got their act together and proveded a good port for OSX. VMWare blows VirtualPC out of the water, and has been around longer then the VirtualPC software that Microsoft bought from an other company.

I wonder what his thoughts are now that it is 2005 ??

I loved that company, and still do, they are stupid to ignore the Macintosh platform (well i n my mind) Especially considering OS X is unix based. I know they will have to do extensive work and testing to make it work on the PowerPC core systems, but I think lots of us would look at VMWare as opposed to a Microsoft solution.

maybe not though...
  4. topgunn macrumors 65816

Nov 5, 2004
    VMWare wouldn't be the answer because you would still come back to the fundamental problem of emulating x86 on PowerPC. Windows emulation is the easy part.