Virtual Reality???

Discussion in 'Games' started by d_saum, Aug 29, 2005.

1. macrumors 6502

d_saum

I saw this a while back, and all this talk about the future of gaming sent me looking for it again. Personally, I cant wait for VR and I will probably spring for this when it comes out. How about you guys? What do you think about virtual reality or augmented reality?

2. macrumors 6502a

AoWolf

Always seemed cheesy and fake to me. I find I like looking at a normal screen far better. I just don't see any one embracing that kind of stuff.

3. macrumors Core

Dagless

Virtual Reality seems like one of those things that graphics whores go for. there was a discussion a while back with some mates who couldn't were really looking into Virtual reality headsets.
    my experience with a headset wasn't good. A mate at a computer shop had another mate who was moving out to American, and he basically just gave away most of his gadgetry. i popped into the shop one day and they let me have a go. basically its like looking at a big screen, like being in a cinema and you're the only one there.

it wasn't good. much prefer TV's.

its kinda sci-fi and won't be around for years. but something like a watered down Matrix would be a good thing, some kind of helmet that changes what you see. but it could be very dangerous. but so long off.