Virtual Running Group?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by mrgreen4242, Nov 5, 2006.

1. mrgreen4242 macrumors 601

mrgreen4242

Maybe there's already a thread on this, but I didn't see it in a quick search, so here goes... Is there a Mac Rumors running league? We have a Mario Kart and Metroid league over in the gaming forums, so this seems like a natural.

I'm going to pick up one of the Apple-Nike running kits tomorrow and I'd like to join up with some other runners around the world to compete and stay motivated with, etc.

Just for the record, I used to be an avid runner (track in high school, spent some time in the Army) and was doing 5k in ~19min... not crazy fast, but I could maintain that pace for 10k+. That was then - now-a-days I get winded carrying groceries in from the car.

If we can get a good little group going I'd love to meet up for a big running event in '07. Maybe not a full marathon, but a 5k or even half-marathon would be an admirable goal for someone like me...

So, any takers?

2. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

3. mrgreen4242 thread starter macrumors 601

mrgreen4242

Hey thanks! I did a search for 'running' and didn't see that! Must have not looked closely enough. :cool:

4. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

I'd seen the thread previously, so I knew it was there. I pulled it up by searching for "Nike" and it was near the top since it had been posted in pretty recently. :)