Virus/trojan horse/something found on CoD Delux Edition?!?!?

Discussion in 'Games' started by Shadowspirit6, Feb 6, 2007.

1. Shadowspirit6 macrumors regular

I found a weird file coming from my CoD Deluxe game. I used ClamXav to search for quarantined files(virus scanner) just to see if my computer picked up anything. As i was browsing on the computer i saw that is picked up 2 files coming from my call of duty game. Here is what is says

CoD Deluxe/Main/pak2.pk3: Oversized.ZIP FOUND
    CoD Deluxe/Main/pak5.pk3: Oversized.ZIP FOUND

It wasnt a download from a server, im guessing it came with the game, but im not sure yet

i thought it was just an oversized .zip but i found out that there are other files bigger than that. i dont know what to do, its scanning right now. If i delete it will probably mess up my CoD game.
    plz help

EDIT: i just got 2 more coming from Doom 3 saying the same thing ( Oversized.Zip FOUND)

2. tyr2 macrumors 6502a

tyr2

See: http://www.clamav.net/faq.html

I assume it's the same for ClamXav. I expect it's just getting confused by the way the data is stored in the game files.

3. Shadowspirit6 thread starter macrumors regular

i hope so, i really dont want anything malicious on my iMac =\

4. tyr2 macrumors 6502a

tyr2

It's fine. Don't worry about it.

Oversized.zip just means ClamAV is concerned it'll be too large when it's uncompressed it. The 'zip file of death' was kicking around a few years ago, it was a small zip file (like 50k) that when expanded was GB's in size. This oversized.zip is just a prevention against that.

As I said don't worry about it it's fine.

5. Shadowspirit6 thread starter macrumors regular

wow thanks, I didnt know about that.