Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jig101

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 30, 2010
I keep getting this pop up warning and page redirect when ever I am in the middle of using the internet with safari. "Warning!
On your computer detected the malicious code.
Should immediately make sure that your system is safe! Killing Hazard
® for Microsoft Windows XP immediately started to work"
When I try to close it, it starts to scan. What can I do to fix this?

My 3rd gen touch has updated driver and popup
Blocker is on. Thanks!

Jig101

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 30, 2010
That's the thing. It is not site exclusive. It happens when I open safari and type in an address. It happened while I was pulling up this forum. It hAppens when I pull up hotmail or google or other sites... It's like the iPod is infected with something. Is that possible?

Jig101

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 30, 2010
No. Not usually. What happens is the virus warning pops up and then opens a new page with the download advert

Here is a snap shot of the pop up

Attachments

• photo.png
    photo.png
    106.5 KB · Views: 368

supermassive

macrumors regular
Sep 15, 2010
That's delicious ;)! It's a Kind of Javascript-Redirector Fake-Antivirus. Just turn off JS and you should be fine. Eventually will need to reboot or close down safari.

Code.Red

macrumors regular
Apr 18, 2010
Does it happen in other apps that let you browse the web?

It might be your network- does any other laptop/computer connected to the same wireless network have the same problem?

mKTank

macrumors 68000
Jul 2, 2010
It's your network, hence the IP in the address bar. It infected your router, and it forcing random redirects.

Jig101

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 30, 2010

It might be your network- does any other laptop/computer connected to the same wireless network have the same problem?

It happens when I am using safari to load pages but not a direct app.

Does it do that in Safari too? Looks like the screenshot is in Facebook

That wad facebook opened via safari not the app. It happens when I open any site, but not every time.

Yes it does happen with other computers as well on my network. Router, huh?

It's your network, hence the IP in the address bar. It infected your router, and it forcing random redirects.

How do I fix that?

Gata

macrumors regular
Mar 23, 2010
It happens when I am using safari to load pages but not a direct app.

That wad facebook opened via safari not the app. It happens when I open any site, but not every time.

Yes it does happen with other computers as well on my network. Router, huh?

How do I fix that?

Yep, it's the router.

Try resetting it.

supermassive

macrumors regular
Sep 15, 2010
If your router is infected you might need to reinstall the firmware.

But try resetting it first. Disconnect the power-plug for a couple of minutes (1-2). If this doesn't help, you could try a factory-defaults-reset, all settings will be gone! You'll need to reconfigure at least your ISP-Login-Data.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.