Visio on Apple?

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by triton, Feb 8, 2005.

1. triton macrumors regular

Hi,

I would like to learn Visio, but also want to get rid of my stupid pc. I would like to ideally use just an Apple for most if not all of my computing needs. From what I understand Visio can run under Virtual PC. Can anyone share their experience doing this?

Thank you!

2. Applespider macrumors G4

Applespider

looking through rose-tinted spectacles...
    Visio should run on VPC but you might want to have a look at Omnigraffle Pro

It's cheaper than Visio and I've found it much easier to use (and I did Visio training course!) The Pro version exports Visio 2002 XML drawings if you need to swap files.

Omni will give you a free day's trial of Omnigraffle Pro will all features working if you want to have a go of it (it's doesn't actually expire after a day - only after you quit the app incidentally)

3. triton thread starter macrumors regular

Ideally, I would love to use Omnigraffle. Unfortunately, I have to use Visio. Damn!! :mad:

How does it run on VPC?

4. brap macrumors 68000

Acceptably, which is about as much as you can expect from said emulator.

Using VPC 6/7 (no increase in efficiency) and Win2000 on a 12" Powerbook 1.33, for reference. I was using it as part of the .net Enterprise Architect edition. *shudder*

5. KershMan macrumors 6502

Why do you need to use Visio? I have been using Omnigraffle Pro 3 to exchange files with Vision 2002 users without problems. You can import and export Visio XML files without any real problems.