vista and bootcamp gone bad

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by xdviper, Jun 28, 2006.

1. xdviper macrumors newbie

Jun 8, 2006
    alright heres the problem, i wanted to install vista on the macbook so i created a 20gb partion without installing xp first and i formated the partion on vista setup and it didnt install so i gave up so when i tired booting os x, it would stay at teh white screen untill i poped the cd and restarted using the os x partion. now i want to delete this 20gb partion i made for windows so i can use os x regularly and so it just auto boot into osx. but when i go to boootcamp to delete it it says "your startup disk cannot be partion or restored to a single partion"
    also it syas "back up your startup dick and use disk ulity to format your startup disk as a single os x extended volume. restoer your infomation and try using bootcamp assitant again".
    now i went into disk ulity and i clicked on the untilied (vista) partion and it i can not seem to know how to do this can anyone explan to me how to do this, i have no idea. i don';t want to format the os x, but if its much easier, then not a problem. also when i restart it gets stuck at the white screen, and it takes a while untill i get to the apple logo and it boots into the os. thx
  2. bigboy99 macrumors 6502

Nov 12, 2005
    Deep in the Heart of Tejas
    Have you tried installing XP and then using Boot Camp to remove the partition?
  3. benthewraith macrumors 68040

May 27, 2006
    Miami, FL
    First off, spell check, and second off, get a windows startup disk and use it to format the second partition to FAT32. Then just go into Bootcamp and delete the other partition. ;)