Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

xdviper

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 8, 2006
alright heres the problem, i wanted to install vista on the macbook so i created a 20gb partion without installing xp first and i formated the partion on vista setup and it didnt install so i gave up so when i tired booting os x, it would stay at teh white screen untill i poped the cd and restarted using the os x partion. now i want to delete this 20gb partion i made for windows so i can use os x regularly and so it just auto boot into osx. but when i go to boootcamp to delete it it says "your startup disk cannot be partion or restored to a single partion"
also it syas "back up your startup dick and use disk ulity to format your startup disk as a single os x extended volume. restoer your infomation and try using bootcamp assitant again".
now i went into disk ulity and i clicked on the untilied (vista) partion and it i can not seem to know how to do this can anyone explan to me how to do this, i have no idea. i don';t want to format the os x, but if its much easier, then not a problem. also when i restart it gets stuck at the white screen, and it takes a while untill i get to the apple logo and it boots into the os. thx

benthewraith

macrumors 68040
May 27, 2006
Fort Lauderdale, FL
xdviper said:
alright heres the problem, i wanted to install vista on the macbook so i created a 20gb partion without installing xp first and i formated the partion on vista setup and it didnt install so i gave up so when i tired booting os x, it would stay at teh white screen untill i poped the cd and restarted using the os x partion. now i want to delete this 20gb partion i made for windows so i can use os x regularly and so it just auto boot into osx. but when i go to boootcamp to delete it it says "your startup disk cannot be partion or restored to a single partion"
also it syas "back up your startup dick and use disk ulity to format your startup disk as a single os x extended volume. restoer your infomation and try using bootcamp assitant again".
now i went into disk ulity and i clicked on the untilied (vista) partion and it i can not seem to know how to do this can anyone explan to me how to do this, i have no idea. i don';t want to format the os x, but if its much easier, then not a problem. also when i restart it gets stuck at the white screen, and it takes a while untill i get to the apple logo and it boots into the os. thx

First off, spell check, and second off, get a windows startup disk and use it to format the second partition to FAT32. Then just go into Bootcamp and delete the other partition. ;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.