Vista Beta 2

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Tech607, Jul 31, 2006.

1. Tech607 macrumors member

I have been using vista beta 2 and I know, what an idot, but I was curious to see if it sucked as bad as most reports say. I am here to tell you that it does.

It is as slow as a old lady crossing the street and as buggy as an ant farm. I know it is a beta, but you would think a 6year old beta would be closer to finished. This think is not even close to being ready for prime time. The taskbar likes to freeze, the user control dialog boxes are so annoying it is insane.

It is a Apple rip off done wrong. Using it I felt like, Hey I've seen this before but only better. The side bar with gadgets is stupid, Dashboard is one thousand times better. The flip chart affect that lets you flip through all open windows is not even in Expose' league. These are not innovations they are bad copies of OS X. They were touting an app that lets you view news papers and magazine articles as if you were looking at the magazine as innovation. Excuse me have you ever heard of Zinio, we been had that, innovation my foot.

I promise you this thing will not be ready by Jan. 2007. It sucks to much and offers you nothing but less that what Apple has offered for the last 5 years. But one reason it will not come out by Jan. 2007 is because after the 7th they will have to go back to the Photocopier to try to scam and recreate Apple's Leopard release. Another 5 year delay fo M$ so that they can catch up.

This is cy 2cents

2. FleurDuMal macrumors 68000

FleurDuMal

Yeah. They'll never be able to surpass Windows ME anyway.

3. xparaparafreakx macrumors 65816

The best part of vista is when they annoy you when you try to install something.

4. LoveMacMini macrumors regular

Beta 2 was horrible, the latest build 5742 is better but still not great.

Let's piss all over microsoft when the final comes out and it still sucks, until then this is beta stuff, so it's slow, buggy, and useless.

Can't wait for the Leopard and Vista comparisons

5. Stridder44 macrumors 68040

Stridder44

lol good one

6. someguy macrumors 68020

someguy

I can't wait to see what Leopard will bring the to table... and how MS will try and copy it. :eek:

7. Josias macrumors 68000

Josias

Mr. Bill Gates - You are under arrest for impersonating an operatingsystem - poorly...

This isn't mine, I saw it in someone's sig once...

Anyways, I'm glad I switched. And also that I got a issue-free MB:D

8. LoveMacMini macrumors regular

i don't know what i was thinking, having a reasonable discussion about computer operating systems on a mac forum.

wow.

9. someguy macrumors 68020

someguy

:confused:

This isn't even your thread..

10. Xander562 macrumors 68000

Xander562

hahaha oooooh wow, i remember my friend had that OS, i kept trying to tell him to ditch it and that it was horrible, but he never believed me:rolleyes: