Vista does not recognize my iPod.

Discussion in 'iPod' started by dannyboxer, Oct 28, 2008.

1. macrumors regular

dannyboxer

Me and my brother went to the Regent Street Apple Store yesterday and we came back with 2 iPod Nanos.
    I plugged them into my computer which is running vista and a pop-up came up saying that the usb device is not recognized and has malfunctioned. :mad:
    The iPod does not appear in My Computer or in iTunes 8.
    I know that all the usb ports are working though as I have plugged my mouse in all of them to check.
    Please if you can help than can you please reply as I desperately want to sync my iPod.
    Thank you.
    danNy.

2. macrumors regular

I think you're looking for this

I kid, I kid. Just take it back, ask them what the problem is, although if neither of your ipods work then it's probably something you're doing wrong.

3. thread starter macrumors regular

dannyboxer

LOL yer I'm gonna get a iMac soon vista sucks but I've found out what was wrong. I unplugged my PC from the wall for half an hour, turned it back on and voila it worked. PCs are so retarded.

4. macrumors 6502

Vivid.Inferno

effing Vista. I pre-ordered a cd that I wanted, it came out yesterday, so I wanted to sync it before going to class. I downloaded the new cd, plugged my iPod in, and went to take a shower. Came back from the shower, and my iPod had been erased, and it was re-syncing all 3500 of my songs...which takes a couple hours on my laptop.

For the record, I'm going to buy a MBP tonight after class.