Vista is Introduced

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by gusapple, Jan 29, 2007.

1. gusapple macrumors 6502a

Jan 29, 2007
    The alphabetically sixth to last state.
    Well, it has happened. Windows introduced Vista. It looks like it has said it will. Like Mac OS X. Although, many news sources are saying that it is faulty, has no way of operating on a previous computer, and is already out of date. Just take a look at Apple's start page. There are a lot of articals saying that many things on Vista can be found even better on OS X. I personaly think that PC buyers should buy Vista, wait for OS X 10.5, and buy a new Mac with Bootcamp.
  2. kalisphoenix macrumors 65816

Jul 26, 2005
    I wish the Microsoft programmers the best of luck with Vista. I know they've been struggling against bureaucracy, poor morale, difficult demands, and unrealistic expectations. I hope that they can all relax for a bit and be proud of all the work they've done the past few years.

I hope Vista's important bugs are ironed out quickly, and I hope that hackers find surprisingly few opportunities for exploitation. I hope that it's a stable and effective operating system. I know there'll be kinks that everyone jeers at, but I hope they get fixed quickly. I hope the OS as a whole is a success.

This is not to say that I'll ever use Vista. Not if I have anything to say about it. I don't agree with many of the design or "freedom" choices in the OS, and I much prefer OS X on so many levels. But I hope that the programmers are at least happy with what they've done.
  3. suitechic1979 macrumors newbie

Feb 1, 2007
    I think that Vista is going to be a flop for people who own previous computers. I know that one of my friends just bought a pc in July and is unable to upgrade his computer because of the bios. It is a new computer and has all the capabilities to run vista, except for this issue. I can see more people spending money to upgrade their computers, since it is something new, and then spending all the money and have them not be able to use it or spend a couple hundred or thousand dollars on a new pc... craziness.