Vista: Jan 30, 2007

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Zwhaler, Nov 8, 2006.

1. Zwhaler macrumors 603

Zwhaler

Well, I was updating my PC :)rolleyes: ) and happened to notice that Microsoft set the release for January 30. How cool would it be if Leopard came out before that... Gotta admit the Vista boxes look cool. (that's how they get you to buy it)

2. FF_productions macrumors 68030

FF_productions

I really think Steve is going to push Leopard out before Vista comes out...Macworld anybody?

3. SkyBell macrumors 604

SkyBell

I bet some M$ users are getting pretty pissed. First Vista was promised in late 2005. then spring 2006. then late 2006. Now early 2007? Microsoft needs to get on the ball.

4. psycoswimmer macrumors 65816

psycoswimmer

You mean January 30, <sarcasm>2008</sarcasm>? :D

If Leopard came out before Vista, that would be great. However, I wouldn't want a sooner release date if it means Leopard won't be as good.

What I'd really like to see is a 6G iPod come out on the 14th, the Tuesday that the ZUNE is coming out on. :D

5. Zwhaler thread starter macrumors 603

Zwhaler

Wow that would be cool... I expect a video iPod sometime next year. Think about how advanced this thing is going to be. Apple wants to make it perfect.

6. Warbrain macrumors 603

Warbrain

Apple is definitely going to give us a release date of before Vista at MacWorld. I'm sure that development is so close to done that they're just waiting for time time to come.

7. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

It's a good thing all the virus developers have been hard at work to make sure that they will have launch day titles available. Hopefully the spyware and adware folks are also going to be supporting the Jan 30 launch in full force. :)

8. Zwhaler thread starter macrumors 603

Zwhaler

Wonder how many viruses are out there already.

9. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

There is a family of viruses that work based on a scripting tool that is not going to be installed by default in consumer Vista builds... I'm actually not sure if there's anything else yet, or how many XP viruses will operate in Vista.

10. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

I don't see Steve pushing Leopard early if its not ready, While it would be nice to beat Vista to the gate it would also kill Apple if its not ready.

11. imacintel macrumors 68000

12. jaysmith macrumors regular

haha, gotta love the old russian joke. i play that card at least once a month.