vista macbook power.

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by dragon2611, Feb 15, 2007.

1. dragon2611 macrumors regular

Dunno if its just me but on my macbook when i unplug my macbook under vista it doesn't notice its been unplugged it shows it as plugged in NOT charging.

So natually power settings don't execute correctly as it always thinks its plugged in

I found the only way i can get to it to work is to disable "microsoft Ac adaptor" under device manager so that vista then relises its running on battery, on plugging in the ac adaptor i renable it.

I downloaded devcon from the url below

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/311272

Then placed 2 icons on my desktop which are shortcuts to run the following commands

C:\macbook\i386\devcon.exe disable acpi\acpi0003
    C:\macbook\i386\devcon.exe enable acpi\acpi0003

2. reverand macrumors newbie

Install drivers from Intel

If you install Intel's chipset drivers for Vista, it will solve that problem and some of the other ones you no doubt have, I did on my MBP. Increases battery life and makes the fans work as they should.

3. dragon2611 thread starter macrumors regular

Ah thanks i'll have to remember to try that.

Downloaded the chipset installation software, ran it... no difference.

4. agentphish macrumors 65816

agentphish

I don't mean to be a troll at all, but WHY on earth would you use that buggy, lack of driver having, piece of crap of an OS that MS has just released.

At least give it until SP1 (which MS is already working on) until you taint your mac with it.

XP will do everything and more, and be a helluvalot more stable/fast that vista will be.

5. dragon2611 thread starter macrumors regular

i happen to like vista and almost all the problems ive had with it so far are actally down to device drivers.

apart from one or 2 programs where i had to play with the compatablity settings to get them working i've not had many problems migrating to vista.

6. sixth macrumors 6502

Can someone post a link to the specific chipset drivers for vista and the MBP...I am struggling to find the right ones on Intel's site...Thanks!

7. evolvetek macrumors newbie

Bump.

Please post the link to the Intel drivers for MacBook Pro on Vista.

I've been poking around Intel's site and have come across the "Viiv" software which seems like the best idea so far.

Please confirm, deny, or better yet, post the link to the drivers. =)

8. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

Viiv is wrong. I agree with the guy who suggested XP, it's stable and isn't considerably worse than Vista, all vista has over it is Aero, (and UAC but that's just irritating).

9. evolvetek macrumors newbie

Disagree. I've been a beta tester for Vista since it's first tech build. It is very different than XP in many ways. Most notably is its visual overhaul, however, most importantly is its new file system.

Regards,

/e

10. 2fives macrumors regular

I know this thread is old, but I'm still having the same problem as the others. Does anyone know what driver you were supposed to download of the intel site??