Vista - The Cow Starts Now!

Discussion in 'macOS' started by MacVault, Jan 30, 2007.

1. MacVault macrumors 65816

I watched the Vista introduction video this morning. On most of the stuff they demoed I was thinking to myself, "I've had this on my Mac for a few years now."

A few things I see Windows/Vista as being ahead of the game in are:

1) Microsoft Office 2007 (The Mac version will no doubt be way behind the Windows version in both UI and feature parity.)
    2) HD Home Theatre/Media/IPTV (Apple TV has potential, but it's not quite there yet)
    3) Gaming (I personally don't care much about gaming)
    4) Enterprise - Active Directory, Exchange, GPOs, SharePoint, etc. (I wish Apple would tackle this)

What do you all think about Vista or it's introduction video?

2. xJulianx macrumors 6502a

xJulianx

Where did you see the Vista introduction video? Link?

Personally, I hink Vista is ripping off OSX as far as it's new features go. I certainly won't be getting it.

3. hollerz macrumors 6502a

hollerz

4. kretzy macrumors 604

kretzy

So much excitement...

I'm still recovering from joining the social. Just too much fun at once.

They REALLY need new marketing people

5. dadsp33k macrumors regular

dadsp33k

i'm going to buy vista just to poop on the box.

6. MacVault thread starter macrumors 65816

I added the link to my original post. It failed to play for me in WMP 9 for OS X so I played it under Windows under Parallels.

7. dalvin200 macrumors 68040

lol!! that's some expen$ive box to poop on :)

will you remove the shrink wrap first? :D

8. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

I'm sure this has been mentioned elsewhere, but David Pogue has a wonderful clip about Vista on CBS News' website. This is not the same David Pogue video that's been circulating for a few weeks now. This one has him being interviewed by a correspondent, and smugly talking about how much Vista "coincidentally" resembles OS X.

Here's the page. Click on the link (on the right side) that says "Copycat Clash".

9. someguy macrumors 68020

someguy

Quote of the Day™

10. clevin macrumors G3

clevin

lol, M$ was always ahead in gaming and MS Office, its not like OSX has any chance to get ahead in these two cat anyway.

11. hollerz macrumors 6502a

hollerz

Thanks, crashes Safari every time I click on any of the links to play it though lol :(

Ah well, not too bothered, heard vista sucks anyway :p

12. MacVault thread starter macrumors 65816

It won't take much for Leopard to steal Vista's Wow factor

After watching the Vista launch & demo today I'm thinking it's going to be pretty easy for Apple to cream Vista with Leopard. I mean there really was not any earth shattering things demod in Vista today. Not sure why it's so hyped. Oh yea, maybe so it will $ell.

13. MacVault thread starter macrumors 65816

The Burn-to-CD/DVD button

I thought it was funny watching that lady in the Vista launch video seem so proud that she told MS to put a "burn to cd/dvd" button throughout the system. Totally funny considering we've had that on the Mac for years now.

But I have a better idea. Let's just burn CDs and DVDs - as in find a better technology. I'm tired of storage that relies on moveable parts and takes forever to "burn", etc.

So, how about in the next Windows system have a.... Copy to infinity-exabyte 3D Atomic Storage Cube button. :D Sounds good to me!!!

14. Elrond39 macrumors 6502

Was anyone else laughing as hard as I was when I heard Tom DeLonge and his 'best band ever//saviors of music as we know it' Angels and Airwaves completely raped the Ramones' version of "What a Wonderful World" ?

Oh, Mr. Gates... Tom DeLonge isn't quite the right person for advertising Windows Vista. He quits on people, and he lacks talent (what little musical skill he has he copies from others)... Oh, wait a second.... :rolleyes:

15. Teddy's macrumors 6502

I think Steve "ballhead" Ballmer must be screaming effings to the whole world because M$ didn't get the attention they wanted.
    shame

16. smueboy macrumors 6502a

smueboy

Get Flip4Mac and it's works fine in Safari.

:)

17. smueboy macrumors 6502a

smueboy

I agree that Apple needs to do a better job in this respect; :apple: TV doesn't cut it for me.

18. Mgkwho macrumors 6502a

Did anyone see the CNN spot where they interviewed Gates (I think this was yesterday, but don't have the link, sorry!)? The interviewer said "this looks a lot like OS X. What makes Vista different?"

Or something along those lines. Gates was quick to shake his head no and point out the innovation in media center amongst other random, even less outstanding things.

-=|Mgkwho