Vista will have built in Driver support Macbook Pro - Vista Upgrade Advisor Released.

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by nylon, May 18, 2006.

1. nylon macrumors 6502a

nylon

MS released their Vista Upgrade Advisor Software today. Run the program under XP on the MBP and you will be presented with a chart stating compatible/incomaptible hardware and the features that your hardware will/will not support. I ran the software today and was pleased to see that Vista will have built in driver support for all the MBP hardware. The only exceptions currently are the Wireless and Bluetooth chipset. However, these drivers will most likely be included in Vista. Please ignore the other unsupported hardware devices, they are just periphreals.

Please don't turn this into OSX vs. Vista/XP thread. I'm simply presenting the information for those that are interested to know.

Digg This

[​IMG]

2. Tastannin macrumors 6502

Tastannin

3. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

I'd say thats the ??? IEEE 1394 compliant device... Or does Isight connect via usb...

4. nylon thread starter macrumors 6502a

nylon

The isight is disabled under my Windows Profile. As such it is not being scanned by the Vista Upgrade advisor.

5. dpaanlka macrumors 601

dpaanlka

6. grabberslasher macrumors 6502

Vista works perfectly on current Intel Macs, drivers and all (of course the iSight doesn't work yet - doesn't for XP either).

Here's proof: My Blog

7. Spanky Deluxe macrumors 601

Spanky Deluxe

I have to admit, looking at those pictures of Vista on a Mac does make it look really really good. Makes me wish Windows... a little.

Software is like girlfriends. A little after the last time you used them you start to forget their problems and imperfections no matter how much better your current one is.

8. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

Did you run the Advisor in the "Elegant User Interface" mode or whatever, that checks for Aero compositor compatibility?