Discussion in 'Mac Programming' started by Busy12, Feb 9, 2009.

1. Busy12 macrumors newbie

Feb 8, 2009
    I jest started Visual in My TAFE and wanted to install VB.Net compiler In my Mac book pro.
    Is there anybody know where i find the compiler..?and to install in my Mac.
    I search on the Google but my search was not Successful.
    "The Beauty of life does not depens how happy you are...:)But How happy others ...:D:rolleyes:Can be Because of You..."
  2. Cromulent macrumors 603

Oct 2, 2006
    The Land of Hope and Glory
    Visual is Windows only. There are Mac alternatives such as RealBasic but from what I have read they don't do as well as Visual on Windows.
  3. BayouBengal macrumors regular

Oct 29, 2008
    The .Net framework does not exist on the Mac platform but I suggest taking a look at the Mono project. It runs .Net apps on multiple platforms
  4. SDDave2007 macrumors regular

Apr 12, 2007
    I beg to differ.... I have been a VB programmer for more years than I can count, and currently program in VB.NET at work. However, at home on my MAC I use RealBasic... and to be honest, while it is not "perfect"... It beats the cr*p out of VB.NET, its better designed, more [in my opinion] of a True Object Oriented language [yeah VB.NET is more OOP than VB6..]

Not to mention that RealBasic is also Cross-Platform... write it once, compile it for MAc, Windows or Linux
  5. sbauer macrumors member

Feb 7, 2009
    Baltimore, MD
    I couldn't disagree more.
  6. Sijmen macrumors 6502a

Sep 7, 2005
    Quoted for truth. Mono includes a VB.NET compiler and the runtime is pretty mature now.

But if you're going to learn something specifically .NET, skip RealBasic and dive into Cocoa.