visual effects of tiger on mac mini

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by electro_man, May 28, 2005.

1. electro_man macrumors newbie

I'm thinking of getting a mac mini but i've heard various conflicting information on whether a mac mini with tiger can reproduce all those lovely visual effests like ripples etc when opening widgets etc because it only has a 32mb graphics card. Can someone who has tiger on their mac mini confirm whether the mac mini has this visual loveliness.

thanks

2. runninmac macrumors 65816

runninmac

I can confirm that you don't get the cool ripel effect with a mac mini. There is a thred on this is will try to post a link.

3. runninmac macrumors 65816

runninmac

4. electro_man thread starter macrumors newbie

5. freiheit macrumors 6502a

It's an interesting way to handle it... Tiger gives you incredible eye candy if your system fully supports the new features, and if your system doesn't then Tiger runs beautifully but doesn't even try to show the more complex eye candy. It's interesting in that the gee-whiz eye candy features of (primarily) Windows since 1998 have been there whether your system was fast enough or not, and if not then your whole system could slow to a crawl trying to process some of that stuff. Tiger, instead, keeps flying along on the important stuff so you can still do your work (or play). I like that.