Visual Voicemail not working (iPhone 5 Verizon)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Gregintosh, Sep 21, 2012.

1. macrumors 65816

Well the message is pretty self-explanatory, on my new iPhone 5 visual voicemail does not work.

When I click the voicemail tab, it simply starts dialing into a voicemail number.

I am using Verizon, and I am in the Chicago area.

Anyone else have any issues? Or any ways this can be fixed?

2. macrumors 65816

mackmgg

That always happens to me with AT&T when I restore my phone. Once you get a voicemail it'll ask you for the password and then visual voicemail starts working.

3. thread starter macrumors 65816

That worked! Thanks! It's been a while since I last set up an iPhone from scratch.

4. macrumors member

Yea thanks!! :D

5. macrumors newbie

Okay. I have the same problem. No visual voicemail. I5, Verizon. My voicemail was already established on Verizon (with an Android phone) and works as it always has, just now on my iPhone. When I touch voicemail, it starts the call. I've found no one who can help me. Any ideas?

6. macrumors 6502

Go to Settings, select Phone, select Change Voicemail Password. Just put in your password that you would use to access your voicemail if you were dialing the number.

Now go back to the Phone app. Click on the voicemail tab and all your voicemails should appear. That's what fixed it for me.

Give it a try and report back.

You're welcome.

7. macrumors newbie

Change Voicemail Password does appear in my phone settings. Any other suggestion?

8. macrumors 6502

Did you do what I told you?

9. macrumors newbie

You said "Go to Settings, select Phone, select Change Voicemail Password." I said that "Change Voicemail Password" does not appear after selecting "Settings" then "Phone". It is not an available option!

----------

Sorry. I left out the critical word "not"